A well being and protection presentation is arguably one of the crucial necessary shows made within the office these days.
They are able to save lives.
In spite of their importance, some organisations are oblivious to the damaging and harmful tradition they’re developing during the content material they insist their well being and protection officials provide.
A well being and protection presentation can:
– Save lives
– Scale back the chance of harm
– Scale back prices
– Set up and keep an eye on possibility
– Make stronger morale
– Scale back the specter of prison motion
– Show and advertise company accountability
In spite of their monumental price and significance, the everyday well being and protection presentation within the office these days is among the maximum dreaded.
Unfortunately, I’ve observed the blood drain from the face of pros the instant they’re requested to wait a well being and protection presentation.
All too regularly, a well being and protection presentation is:
– Fraught with bullet issues (I’ve counted 14 on one slide)
– Full of jargon and prison talk that nobody truly understands
– Extremely long
– Designed to give protection to the organisation greater than the person
– Little greater than a ‘tick field’ workout
– Forgotten by the point we go back to our desks
– A posh report introduced on a visible whilst the presenter speaks over it
The end result
The sorrowful reality is that, one of the crucial necessary organisational shows within the office turns into the one who the general public least sit up for.
The irony continues in that:
– Most of the people don’t like going to them
– Well being and protection officials don’t like giving them
– They do little to in truth advertise well being and protection at paintings
– The corporate feels safe as a result of they may be able to say, ‘we instructed them’
Well being and protection or a disclaimer?
Many of the well being and protection execs we paintings with let us know that they entered the sector as a result of they’re hooked in to creating a distinction on this space. Many let us know that they’re extraordinarily annoyed as a result of they know that the content material they’re presenting doesn’t actively inspire progressed well being and protection.
They let us know that they’re designed to easily display that they have got complied with their legal responsibility.
It’s time for alternate
I realise after all that we are living in a extremely litigious international and that each and every organisation’s precedence is to give protection to itself. That stated, we will be able to give protection to our trade while concurrently protective others way more successfully.
One doesn’t must be on the expense of the opposite.
Having a ‘tick field’ well being and protection presentation doesn’t in the long run serve somebody smartly.
The best way to make your organisation’s well being and protection presentation memorable
Thankfully, we do occasionaly come throughout a super well being and protection presentation. Right here’s what those presenters do another way, they:
– Ditch the bullet issues
– Eliminate the jargon
– Put other people first relatively than coverage
– Put themselves of their target audience’s footwear
– Focal point on well being and protection now not simply protective the trade
– Inform their target audience tales
– Make the entirety they proportion related and impactful
– Stay it actual
– Give them examples
– Inform them what they must do
– Use pictures relatively than textual content
– Keep on with one concept according to slide
– Talk expressively
– Problem the established order
– Don’t make their target audience learn from a slide
– By no means learn to them
‘The significance of well being and protection within the office merely can’t be underestimated. In addition to being the legislation, it is a part and parcel of being a excellent employer to ensure your workforce aren’t vulnerable to any damage because of the paintings they do for you.
It’s now not simply your workforce that well being and protection is necessary for, it’s there to give protection to any guests, consumers, sub-contractors and most of the people who might give you the results you want, do trade with you or come into touch together with your organisation in any respect.’ Sarah Benstead – Breathe
When you’d love to discover ways to craft and ship a formidable well being and protection presentation:
– E-book your self onto a formidable public talking route.
– Spend money on some truly excellent one to at least one public talking training.
– Get your self some superb presentation coaching
Symbol courtesy of Canva.com